In order to qualify for a restricted noncommercial driver's license after a DUI charge in San Diego, California, the following requirements must be met:
If your driver's license has been suspended for a DUI offense, and it is your first drunk or drugged driving related offense within a ten year period, (from date of arrest to date of arrest), you may be eligible for restricted driving privileges that allow you to commute to and from work and an alcohol rehabilitative program, or DUI school.
1. You must enroll in a California DMV approved DUI School, and participate and complete the program satisfactorily.
2. You must have been 21 years of age or older at the time of your DUI arrest so as not to fall under California's Zero Tolerance Laws.
3. You must show proof of financial responsibility to the DMV.
4. You must have consented and submitted to a chemical test at the time of your DUI violation.
5. Your driving privilege was not already revoked or suspended for some other reason.
G. Cole Casey is THE top DUI Defense Lawyer in San Diego County. His practice is dedicated exclusively to the defense of persons charged with DUI, DWI and Drunk Driving in Southern California.
Call us twenty-four hours a day at 619.237.0384 or send us an email now to discuss an aggressive and legitimate defense strategy for your DUI case.